The Global Prostate Cancer Market is expected to reach $ 72 billion by the end of 2020 growing at a CAGR of around 9.7% from 2014 to 2020. Prostate cancer is an advancement of cancer in the prostate, a gland present in the male reproductive system which exists directly under the bladder in front of the rectum. The cancer cells may spread from the prostate to the other parts of the body, viz. the bones and lymph nodes. In the later stages of cancer it can cause difficulty in urination, blood in the urine, etc. Old age, family history and race are some of the factors that increase the risk of prostate cancer. Prostate cancer is most of the times diagnosed by biopsy.
U.S is considered to be the largest market of prostate cancer because the incidence of prostate cancer is common in African American population. The Global Prostate Cancer Market is segmented on the basis of Diagnostic Techniques (Digital Rectal Exam (DRE) and Prostate Specific Antigen Test (PSA)), Surgery (Radical Prostatectomy, Orchidectomy and Trans Urethral Resection (TUR)), Radiation Therapy (External Beam Radiation Therapy which includes 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy, Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy, Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy and Proton Beam Radiation Therapy, and Brachytherapy which includes Permanent Brachytherapy and Temporary Brachytherapy), Chemotherapy (Docetaxel, Etoposide, Vinblastine, Carboplatin and Vinorelbine) and Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World).
Change in lifestyle, technological advancements in finding new techniques to fight prostate cancer, rise in the funding in both public and private sector in the field of drug development are some of the reasons driving the growth of the market.
High cost of treatment, side effects of surgery like urinary incontinence & impotence and surgical risks like heart attack, stroke, blood clots etc. are some of the constraints faced by the market.
What the report offers:
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Global Prostate Cancer Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Global Prostate Cancer Market on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.